1/28/13

Gaya's Astronomy V4Ch15 ~ Three

Previously ~ Decisions, Decisions

Desantos
"So he asked you to marry him and you shot him down," Desantos mused, reaching across the low table to pour her another cup of springwine.  "Are you sure that's the right decision?"

"Damian asked for the wrong reason," Melinda chuckled, quite tipsy now.  They'd already gone through two bottles.  A part of her wanted to ask how a Bajoran Vedek could have his own apartments at a monastery and afford such excellent wine.  The other part didn't care; she'd never dated such a man before.  He smelled of earth, incense, and Bajorian camellias, and his golden skin shone in the firelight.

"Enough about me," she murmured.  "Tell me about you."

"There's not much to tell," Desantos shrugged.  "Nothing original anyway.  I was orphaned young.  My sister and I picked up our first weapons when we were still children.  I killed my first Cardassian when I was fifteen, and halfway through my sixteenth year, I watched a third of my resistance cell die."

Melinda
Melinda turned away, looking at the fire.  "I killed my first Cardassian when I was twenty-four," she said softly.  "They'd boarded our ship and killed our First Officer.  The Cardassian was attacking Cal - my friend Calandra - and I didn't have a phaser.  So I stabbed her in the neck with a broken piece of hull.  The battle raged for hours.  A day later I realized I still had that woman's blood all over my hands."

They sat in silence for a moment, as though mulling over their lives before, thinking of dark years past.

It was Desantos who suddenly broke the silence, stating, "You are a very beautiful woman,  Melinda."

How easily he made her heart flutter; she couldn't remember the last time a man spoke to her this way.

"Thank you, Desantos," she replied shyly, breathlessly.

"There were times when I wondered why the Prophets made me endure so many horrors. I realized it's because no man with a normal life could ever fully appreciate a woman like you."

He leaned in to kiss her and it was everything she'd imagined.  His mouth was warm, his lips soft, his tongue deftly probing.  And he smelled oh...so...good.

Damian
"Am I interrupting something?"

They broke apart and turned to see a very troubled-looking Damian standing behind them. He'd been caught in a late evening drizzle, and was soaked head to toe, his long brown hair sticking to his face and neck.

Melinda and Desantos stood in unison.  Melinda was very disturbed by what could happen here, but didn't speak.  Desantos, on the other hand, appeared mildly confused, but not the least bothered.

"You are cold," he greeted.  "I'll get you some towels and dry clothes."

"Don't," Damian practically spat.  He looked at Melinda.  "Mel, I love you.  I love you and I will kill this pretty boy before he touches you again."

"Damian," she cautioned, "you're drunk, and emotional...and Desantos was killing people back before you could shave.  Let's not, okay?"

"You love her?" Desantos echoed, looking both curious and amused.

Damian, however, was anything but amused.  "Yes, I love her.  She's going to be my wife. We're going to Vulcan to marry in front our friends, in the desert, under the night sky.  We're going to have several children...many boys and girls.  I'm going to teach my boys to hunt, and fish, and fight like Klingons, and Mel's going to teach our girls how to scare the living shit out of our boys."

Desantos flashed his broad, beautiful smile.  "What makes you think you still can't have all that?"

Damian finally said aloud what he'd been skirting around for a long time.  "Because you're the first man I've ever met whom I know can take her from me."

Desantos gave a casual shrug.  "I could never do such a thing."

"Oh, right," Damian scoffed.  "'Cause you're the great saint."

"Hardly," the Vedek snorted.  "You love her.  I desire her.  There's a stark difference in what we offer."

Melinda oddly felt a moment of deja vu; for some reason, she thought this had happened before and seemed to know where it was headed.

"Let's call it a night, huh?" she suggested, breathless with nerves.  "Come on, Damian, we'll  catch a transport back to --"

"Melinda," Desantos called, and there was a sort of edge to his voice she'd never thought before.  She turned to look at the Vedek, glowing in the firelight.

"Yes?" she asked, barely audible.

"I desire you," he told her honestly.  "I desire you in all the same ways you desire me.  But I could never be to you what Damian will be."

"I understand," Melinda nodded.  "It wasn't meant to be."

Desantos raised a slender brow.  "That's not what I'm saying."

Both Damian and Melinda stopped breathing.

"Then...," Damian blinked, "what are...where are you going with...?"

"Our beautiful Melinda is dissatisfied with life," Desantos explained.  "There are things she wants but is lacking.  You provide her with warmth and stability; I excite her imagination and provide romance."

Realization dawned on Damian.  "You can't be serious."

Desantos shrugged again.  "There is no reason why our Melinda can't have what she wants now, while she's unmarried and without children.  When her desire for me is sated, she'll be wholly yours again."

He came towards them slowly, leaned in to plant a soft kiss on Melinda's neck.  She flushed at his touch, looking away.

Not to be undone, Damian defiantly planted a kiss on the other side of her neck, before shooting Desantos a venomous glare.

Not to be deterred, the Vedek smiled warmly, kissing Melinda's shoulder.  Furious, Damian did the same, pushing aside her dress so he could kiss bare skin.  Melinda shivered as Desantos kissed his way down her arm, nibbling her wrist.

Livid, Damian pulled back, prying off his soaking wet shirt and revealing the body which had melted the reserve of countless women.  Unimpressed, Desantos slipped out of his robes, revealing a god-like figure.

Melinda, in the middle, knew better than to utter a single word.

Next ~ Changing the Lines

11 comments:

  1. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Ankhesen. Did we say that yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I let myself be talked into this.

      Delete
    2. It's okay. Your followers adore you for it.

      I shall busy myself with images of Melinda getting laid the fuck out...

      Delete
  3. Sweet Mother of...well, DAMN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freaking woot WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU AIN'T FOOLING NOBODY. YOU AIN'T SLICK PREACHER BOY!!!!

    He trying to get both of them. "Hi Damian romantic rival, let me get you out of those wet clothes." Then he offers the the three-way scenario and THEN is the first to get naked.

    GAME KNOWS GAME. He trying to get with both. Playa, you trying to hustle a a hustler.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "preacher boy" was just being polite towards a troubled traveler.

      And he was the SECOND to get naked.

      Delete
    2. Denny, 1000 internets for your comment! LOVE!

      But really, who can blame him?

      And wouldn't it be funny as hell if Damian (after taking time to think) really found that being with Desantos was...hmmm...more interesting?

      Delete

This blog is strictly moderated. Everyone is now able to comment again, however, all Anonymous posts will be immediately deleted.